ABOUT THE UW-MILWAUKEE PANTHER ARENA
The UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena is a major (8,910 permanent seats – 12,700 capacity) sports and entertainment venue, built in 1950. With no obstructed-view seats, the Arena’s configuration puts every patron close to the action; it enjoys a reputation as highly conducive to spectator fervor. It has hosted college and professional basketball, hockey, circuses, concerts, motorsports, banquets, ceremonies, and assemblies of all kinds. The venue has an extraordinarily strong ceiling with a 450,000 lb. live load capacity – enough to support the heaviest shows on the road, and “ready to rig” for almost any conceivable configuration of lights, speakers, banners, props or other equipment. It is technologically up-to-date and equipped to support high volume power requirements, satellite links, and telephone and data transmission lines.
In 2014, the Wisconsin Center District installed a new, state-of-the-art scoreboard system and began a three-year project to replace all 8,910 permanent seats. By November, 2016, WCD had put the finishing touches on the seat replacement and an additional $6.3 million set of improvements funded in part through a $2 million contribution by the Milwaukee Admirals AHL hockey team; in total, the 2014-2016 upgrades represent some of the greatest investments made to the building since it opened.
The UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena is home to the UW-Milwaukee Panthers men’s basketball team (Horizon League), the Milwaukee Admirals professional hockey team (American Hockey League), the Milwaukee Wave professional indoor soccer team (Major Arena Soccer League), and the Brewcity Bruisers amateur roller derby league (Women’s Flat Track Derby Association).
The UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena is located at 400 W. Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203, at the corner of Kilbourn and Vel R. Phillips Avenues.